Friday, November 7, 2008

In the beginning...

Greetings, Earthlings....

I can't believe I'm doing this. Its less than a week before my exams and I'm bored shitless. I really should be paying more attention to the book that's in front of me, but the allure of the Internet seems too much to resist.





Before I continue with my rhetoric, i guess it would be appropriate for me to let you guys (and gals, in case you wanna be all PC about it) know a little about myself. Well............ let's see....

The thing is i kinda wanna remain semi-anonymous, and so I'm having a tough time deciding how much about myself i should reveal. I guess the Sherlock Holmes' out there would have already deduced that I'm a student, so good on you for that. (For the not-so-astute, refer to the first paragraph.)

I'm also an enthusiastic member of Singapore's proud and exemplary workforce, and I'm in my late twenties. I study part-time, though i don't really know why, and i love sports, movies and music.

I also read alot (only fiction), and one day i hope to capitalise on all my passions by becoming a football journalist on weekdays and a rockstar and movie producer on alternate weekends.

I've always thought blogging was lame and self-indulgent. This opinion has been substantiated by years of observation, and i often find myself nauseated by the foul stench of lameness emanating from most Singaporean online wordsmiths.

It seems highly contradictory of me to say such things, and create my own blog regardless. So why do i persist? I guess boredom is the main reason. In this difficult week leading up to my examinations, I'd do anything to avoid looking at my books for a few more minutes.

I don't know if anybody is actually gonna read this crap, but if you've already gone this far through my entry, i apologise for wasting 5 minutes of your life. You should have been doing something more useful, like following up on the US presidential elections, or thinking of solutions to end world poverty. Shame on you.

Nonetheless, I will continue to make new entries to this infant blog, and if you think what you've read was in the slightest bit interesting, please do let me know. (That is possible right? I mean, there are ways you could leave comments and stuff? This whole blogging thing is alien to me.)

This has somehow been therapeutic. The art of creative expression is truly medicinal, unless my feelings deceive me. I've not much else to say for now, and so i leave you with my blessings and warmest regards. Peace and love to all.

This is Dreamer, signing out.

No comments: