Friday, November 7, 2008

A Glass-Full of Shit....

Greetings again!

I'm starting to get a little disillusioned about this whole blogging thing. One full day has passed and i have zero comments on my first two blog entries!

Whats going on? I was expecting to take cyberspace by storm! Instead, I'm spending this Saturday afternoon wondering if I'm just a crazy, delusional man with unrealistic dreams of grandeur....

You know, pessimism has always been one of my more endearing qualities. I've learnt that the secret to avoiding disappointment in life is to not expect anything from it. Its a safe approach to living, but at the same time, it gets you nowhere.

Sometimes, it pays to take a risk. Thomas Edison never gave up on the light bulb despite years of repeated failure. Likewise, i must persevere in my quest for online stardom! One fine day, these very words will be read by millions, and i will be an anonymous cult figure!

Muahahahahaha!!!

Anyway....speaking of pessimism...you know that whole glass-half-empty / glass-half-full cliche everyone talks about? I think the whole concept is severely flawed. Is seeing a glass as half full really being optimistic?





Well...what if it were a glass full of shit? uuurgh...i mean, if i were in Afghanistan, and some goat-herding rebel forced me to down a glass of liquefied horse poo, and i was already halfway through, i certainly wouldn't wanna look at the glass as half full!!!

No sir... That glass would definitely be half empty!! That would be the only way to look at half a glass of shit with any sort of real optimism...Unless of course a glass of shit is your idea of fun.

What I'm trying to say is this. If the objective is to get the glass empty, then a half-empty perspective is the way to go. If the objective is to fill the glass up, then by all means, stick to you shortsighted "glass-half-full" perspective. Just make sure you define the context before you go around preaching how a glass should be looked at...

There's a little useless something for you guys to think about over the weekend...You guys...where are you guys anyway?? whoever you guys are, you'd better come soon..you don't know what you're missing!

Drop me a comment, or a shout, or even a cheap-shot insult, if that's what rocks your boat...Just say something to lemme know you're there..Looking forward to the hoards of fan-mail and comments I'm about to receive...

With that, i'll leave you once again with nothing but my best wishes...Peace and love to y'all, and in the wise words of Spock, "Live long and prosper..."

This is Dreamer, signing out.

No comments: