Monday, September 21, 2009

Keep Your Smelly Oysters to Yourself

G'day, folks!!

It's been a while since my last entry, and so i think i owe it to my fans to write something, even if there really is nothing pressing on my mind...

I'm beginning to worry that i've said all i've had to say about everything worth sayin anything about, but somehow, i dont really think thats true at all...

i think i've been overcome by a general sense of malaise...thinkin up new things to write about can be such a chore sometimes...it's really not fair on my readers though...you guys need my words the way a crack whore needs her fix, and i really oughta be trying harder....

and so i write...alas, inspiration comes in the form of an advert!!

Vagisil...what an effingly disgusting name!! i dont really know anythin about what the product is for, but i have a general idea....

Is it right that a product advertised on mainstream media have such a graphic name...? the product obviously derives its brand name from the word for female genitalia, and while the body part does not actually disgust me, the blatant association of the product with said body part is kinda disturbing...

Women might regard me as somethin of a prude for thinking this way..but i dont think im being overly conservative here...

Think about it...if a similar men's product called itself "Penisil", and if this product were advertised for on the mainstream media, there would be public outrage!

Women would not appreciate the mental imagery of the intimate portions of the male anatomy bein thrust upon them...why then should men not bat an eyelid when women commit the same misdemeanor..?

I do not enjoy thinking about vaginas over dinner...as desirable as they might be in other contexts, the thought of one in need of maintenance while i chow down on a meal reminds me of spoilt oysters....

I say either change the name, or stop advertising on tv! the third alternative is to allow advertisements for penis enlargers on TV...i dont see how thats any worse than one for a vagina cleaner...

hmmmm....not exactly the post i had in mind when i signed in...its better than nothing i guess...




Or is it...?

This is Dreamer, signing out.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks very much for your interesting blog. It's always nice to see how people on the other side of the globe live, how they share the same joys and sorrows, what they do in their free time, etc.

I actually have a question about your blog. Would you mind helping us with a linguistic research project? We're compiling data from various Singaporean weblogs. All it requires is checking a few boxes. If you want to take part and/or have more questions, I'll send you the 'official' project eMail. We'd really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much in advance!
Best regards,
- Fran

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CLYDE said...

damn you, graveyard cat...i was all excited about actually gettin a comment, and then i realised u're spam! what a let down...

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, I'm not really spam. I mean, sure, you're not the only person getting that comment since we need a bunch of bloggers for the project to work, but I'm an actual person reading this, not a robot. So my question is still the same: would you like to help us? Knowing that there's a team of actual researchers interested in your blog, not some robot trying to spam your inbox? If so, please just drop me an email at hack2301@uni-trier.de (and the 'hack' is only the beginning of my last name, no hint at 'hacking' intended). We'd really appreciate it!

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CLYDE said...

fran hack..? sounds promising...is there anyway to do this without emails...? i tend to neglect my account..as of now, i have a thousand four hundred and fifty seven unchecked messages...

Anonymous said...

First of all, sorry for the late reply! I uploaded the "official project e-Mail" with general information as well as the consent form itself to a server. They can be found at http://www.totallyteryl.com/SGblog/Consentform.doc
and
http://www.totallyteryl.com/SGblog/ConsentletterClyde.doc
respectively. It would be great if you could then send the completed consent form to hack2301@uni-trier.de (check http://www.uni-trier.de/index.php?id=1022 for our department website) or, if you'd prefer a different address, to hackhausen @ gmail . com
Does that help you?
Best,
Fran

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CLYDE said...

hmmm...i apologise for my even later reply!

i'm assuming that with 5 months gone, u probably wont be needing my 2000 words for ur corpus anymore, but even if u do, its too much of a hassle gettin my signature on that form of urs..

thanks for taking an interest in my blog nonetheless..i dont know if u've actually read any of it, but its nice to have ppl stop by every once in a while!