Thursday, May 28, 2009

Quitting's Easy...I've done it 3 times already.....

Alas, my quest to rid myself of my malignant nicotine addiction has been brought to an abrupt halt by none other than yours truly...my less than valiant 72hr effort to quit smoking proved pointless when i decided last night that a life without tobacco was no life at all...


Picture this scenario....its half past three in the monring, and my eyes are glued to the champions league finals...the halftime whistle blows, and the urge for a mid-game puff is overwhelming....


i cave...i leave the house....i find my way to a 7-11....i buy me a pack of pall malls...i light up...i inhale....ahhhhhhhh.....damn, that feels good...adios, you big fat cold turkey!! do your magic, sexy billowing smoke!!

cigarette's gone after about two minutes of sweet bliss....body's still tense though...shoulda bought me a beer as well...no bother...i'll help myself to some home-made vodka ribena to help carry me thru the second half....

slurp...this is the good life...ciggies and booze...how could i ever have chosen abstinence over THIS?? damn...i feel about a thousand times better now....body is completely at ease...mind isnt though....sigh

am i ever gonna be able to rid myself of this wretched vice (by wretched vice, i meant the cigarettes, and not the booze)...? as i type these words, the pall malls are singing my name, like the sultry sirens of mythological greece...i am inexorably drawn.....resistance is not only futile...it is impossible...

will i ever be able to quit..? i hope so, but right now, the chances look about as slim as calista flockheart....i feel really shitty about this whole failed attempt to quit...

i think i need a smoke....

This is Dreamer, signing out....

2 comments:

ChrisP said...

Quitting smoking is the MOST important decision you'll ever make in your life, for you and your loved ones. It is better to start Now, because the longer you stay on it, the more damage it will do to your body.

THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS CLYDE said...

no shit, sherlock! you don't say! tell me somethin i dont already know, dammit...geez..