Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stop and Smell the Roses in the Graveyard...

Hi All...

I'm back and the world suddenly seems like a harsh harsh place...I've thought back on all my previous posts, and it occurs to me now how positive and assured i've sounded throughout the duration of this blog's existence...today, i write to remind myself how little i truly know...

Now dont get me wrong, i do not intend to take back any of the sentiments i have expressed thus far...i stand by them wholeheartedly, and my conscience is clear...i have been brutally honest about my opinions and feelings, and have no regrets about a word i have written...

It is what i have not written that i am concerned with...all these perspectives i have, all these lessons that ive learnt, and all the answers i have contrived serve well in disguising the uncertainty and insecurity i feel so often on a daily basis...one might be excused for labelling me a stuck-up know-it-all based on my past musings....

I dont blame you...i write this shit mostly for myself...its a way of keeping myself in check, reminding myself of whats important, and telling myself to keep that chin up...its a pep-talk from your's truly to your's truly...as such, i have refrained from berating myself excessively, and have opted to focus on the stuff that pushes me along my chosen path of discovery....

Today, however, i feel this overwhelming urge to tell the world (somewhat ineffectively through this rather unpopular blog) that i am indeed aware of how little i truly know about everything...i'm not ashamed to admit that what i know is a speck of dust in the universe of knowledge that abounds...i would be ashamed to say that i'm not tryin to find out more than what i do know...

I've recently rediscovered the cynic in me, and he's back with a venomous vengeance... cynicism should be a religion...worshipers should be taught to question everything, and to not take reality at face value...If everyone were a cynic, there wouldn't be anything left in the world to be cynical about...The cynics would have questioned every despicable ulterior motive, and nobody would get away with anything selfish or dastardly...the world would be an honest place to live in..

Happy ignorance is a crime against humanity...turning a blind eye makes one an accomplice...we owe it to each other to investigate the truth behind all the things we take for granted...it's not an easy thing to do, but heck, somehow i get the feeling that we'd be graded more for effort than for actually knowing shit...the quest for truth is a noble pursuit, regardless of whether we manage to find it or not...

Throughout this blog, i've been extremely positive, and self-assured to the point that some might regard me as cocky...today, i am proud to declare that i do not have all the answers, but hey, at least im searching...

Inside every cynic is an idealist...we see the world for what it could be, and the fact that reality is so far from the ideal upsets us oh so much...in years past, ive let this depression get to me, and i've tried to surrender my ideals...well, it doesnt werk that way for us cynics...escapism is not the solution...the shit we try to hide from ourselves always has a way of seeping back into the forefront...we cant help but be aware...

These days, id like to think that i've matured a little (not too much i hope)...i've realised that theres not much an ordinary person like myself can do to change the entire screwed-up world...we can't do it all, but we do what we can..to change the world, we need to change minds, and i'm starting with mine...

Life is a bloody great mystery, and the big mistake in our world itoday s thinking that we've got it all figured out...we accept society's prescribed truths and we do not question our believes, but we allow them to divide us...that is the fallacy of man (and woman - gender equality means you get as much of the blame)...

The world needs more cynics...do the world a favour and start thinking about things..we might never find the right answers, but at least we'll be asking the right questions....

I end with an amusing quote on cycnicism by a man about whom i know nuthing - "A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin.". Seek the truth, however ugly it may be.

This is Dreamer signing out....

No comments: